Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Madhavan replaces Arshad Warsi in Teen Patti


A big excitement awaits Madhavan. "I'm finally going to work with Mr. Bachchan. It has been a long-cherished dream. When he did a guest appearance with me in Ramji Londonwale I couldn't stand straight, I was so nervous and excited. Now we're finally coming together in Leena Yadav's Teen Patti. And all thanks to Arshad Warsi," jokes Maddy about Arshad's unceremonious exit from the project.

Maddy will have to learn to play cards for his gambler's role. "I've never played cards before. So I'll have to start from scratch. At the moment, I've plenty of time to learn stationary skills. I've just had a painful molar extraction done. I can't go out and can't talk much either. In fact I'm surprised the producers of Teen Patti signed me with this swollen face."

Maddy goes into Teen Patti at year-end. Right now, he starts work on the Tamil version of Aziz Mirza's Yes Boss where he steps into Shahrukh Khan's shoes. "Nishikant Kamat who directed me in the Tamil version of Dombivali Fast and in Mumbai Meri Jaan put me in touch with the working-class side of my personality. Now I need to get back to playing super-heroic parts. Otherwise my audience in Tamil Nadu will think I've mellowed down incurably."

No comments:

Jannat Review

The Bhatts never run out of stories. In their new outing Jannat, Mahesh and Mukesh Bhatt have yet another new story to tell. This time, it&#...